The Latin Business Association
in conjunction with LBA Access-to-Capital Partner
VEDC- Valley Economic Development Center
proudly presents the
VEDC Small Business Risk Education Workshop
facilitated by Traveler’s Insurance
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
5:00pm – 6:00pm Networking, Free Food & Drinks
6:00pm – 8:30pm Workshop
5121 Van Nuys Blvd., 3rd Floor Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Being an entrepreneur is rewarding but tough; there are many things we must keep in mind:
- Fires, disasters and other severe weather
- Physical theft and computer and data security threats
- Injury to employees or customers
- Quality control/poor quality product that causes damage or injury and more……
- Having written policies for people who do any driving for your business
- Obtaining Certificates of Insurance from drivers, suppliers, vendors and service providers.
Making sure we review the language in contracts, purchase orders, sales agreements, etc. to ensure we are taking on unnecessary risk and liability.
Slip, trips and falls by employees or customers
Proper employee training and safety management
Business continuity and succession planning and so much more!
All of these can impact your financial health and ability to stay open for business. So VEDC and the Women’s Business Center has partnered with Travelers Insurance to offer this free Small Business Risk Education training. No selling involved – this is purely informational. All free of charge!
Workshop participants will also have an opportunity to receive:
• Free Educational Training Classes
• Free One-on-One Business Consulting
• Micro Lending for Disadvantaged Businesses (DBEs)
To Register: Call 818-907-9922 or email Tiffany V. Bradshaw, MBA at TBradshaw@VEDC.org
VEDC is an LBA Access to Capital Partner and VEDC Small Business Risk Education Workshop is an LBA Partner Event. Learn more about the various categories of LBA Partners and view the complete roster of LBA Partner Events.